A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer. Buyer personas are examples of the real buyers who influence the products and services that you market.
What Does A Buyer Persona Clarify?
Essentially, a buyer persona is created after detailed research into the behaviour patterns of your current customers has been carried out. By taking the time to collect this information and put together specific buyer personas, you will have the ability to significantly impact your future marketing campaigns as a result of you having a much better understanding of your customer.
When creating your buyer persona(s), consider including customer demographics, behaviour patterns, motivations, and goals. The more detailed you are, the better.
Building a buyer persona tells us who we are creating content for and why they will buy from us.
What Is The Easiest Way To Create A Buyer Persona?
You can create a buyer persona by creating a profile of what you think your persona fits. You can look at what your competitors are doing, research your industry, and look at the previous buying behaviour of your current personas. You can collect a vast amount of information from big data and apply this to your research for your specific buyer personas.
The easiest way to identify your buyer persona is by creating a persona profile checklist. This checklist will help to identify the demographics, challenges, and goals of your buyer persona.
By researching and identifying who exactly your customer is and segmenting your separate personas, you will then be able to give each persona type a name and a profile. This will be a great benefit to you in the long run because you can constantly refer back to specific personas when you are creating your marketing campaigns.
In conclusion, there are numerous benefits of identifying your buyer personas. This gives you the ability to:
- Work smarter, not harder
- Create a better product
- Connect with your customers
- Get the highest ROI possible
Below, we have included a sample buyer persona that was created by Hubspot (Source: hubspot.com):
Sample Buyer Persona
- Head of Human Resources
- Worked at the same company for 10 years; worked her way up from HR Associate
- Married with 2 children (10 and 8)
- Skews female
- Age 30-45
- Dual HH Income: $140,000
- Calm demeanor
- Probably has an assistant screening calls
- Asks to receive collateral mailed/printed
- Keep employees happy and turnover low
- Support legal and finance teams
- Getting everything done with a small staff
- Rolling out changes to the entire company
HOW WE HELP:
- Make it easy to manage all employee data in one place
- Integrate with legal and finance teams’ systems
- “It’s been difficult getting company-wide adoption of new technologies in the past.”
- “I don’t have time to train new employees on a million different databases and platforms.”
- “I’ve had to deal with so many painful integrations with other departments’ databases and software.”
- I’m worried I’ll lose data transitioning to a new system.
- I don’t want to have to train the entire company on how to use a new system.
- Integrated HR Database Management
- We give you an intuitive database that integrates with your existing software and platforms, and lifetime training to help new employees get up to speed quickly.